The 2022 Mercedes-AMG® GLC 63 SUV Makes Its U.S. Market Debut
Mercedes-Benz USA today announced the new 2022 AMG® GLC 63 S SUV, combining the highest- available GLC performance with one of Mercedes’ best-selling models, the versatile GLC SUV.
The Mercedes- AMG® GLC 63 S SUV is powered by the powerful handcrafted AMG® 4.0L eight-cylinder biturbo engine, featuring 503 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. Previously, this highest-output AMG® GLC engine was reserved exclusively for the GLC Coupe body style. Now, Mercedes-Benz USA will offer this new-to-the-US variant to meet demand from our customers who crave the very best in AMG® Driving Performance.
The recently redesigned GLC SUV sets the benchmark for ride, handling, safety technology, comfort and user interface. Maximum driving performance is ensured by the adaptive damping air suspension, all-wheel drive with fully variable torque distribution, and the high-performance brake system.
Standard feature highlights for the 2022 AMG® GLC 63 S include:
- AMG® SPEEDSHIFT® MCT 9-Speed transmission
- AMG® DYNAMIC SELECT drive modes
- AMG® RIDE CONTROL+ air suspension with adaptive damping adjustment
- Electronically controlled differential lock
- Dynamic engine mounts
- AMG® Performance Exhaust System with adjustable flap technology
- AMG® steering wheel with Touch Control buttons and steering wheel buttons
- AMG® DRIVE UNIT controls
- AMG® DYNAMICS with agility modes
- 20” AMG® design wheels
- LED High Performance headlamps and tail lamps
- Multimedia Package with Augmented Video for Navigation
- 12.3″ Digital Instrument Cluster
MBUX infotainment system with AMG®-specific functions and displays
- Touchscreen display
- Voice control
At the heart of the new AMG® GLC 63 S SUV is the signature, handcrafted AMG® 4.0L eight-cylinder biturbo engine found in other high performance AMG® models. One highly skilled technician assembles each GLC 63 S engine in Affalterbach according to the “one man – one engine” principle.
The distinctive and powerful sound of the GLC 63 S comes courtesy of the AMG® Performance Exhaust System with adjustable flap technology. These are map controlled to automatically operate depending on the AMG® DYNAMIC SELECT drive program, the power dictated by the driver, and the engine speed.
Optional Tech & Design Features
Mercedes-AMG® offers a number of optional technical and design features to make the AMG® GLC 63 S SUV even sportier, more exclusive and more individual. Highlights include;
- AMG® Aerodynamics Package
- Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
- AMG® Performance Seats
- AMG® Night Package
- AMG® Performance Studio Package
- Additional high-gloss black elements
- Leather upholsteries
- Distinctive AMG® Carbon Fiber interior trim options